Last modified: April 15, 2017
Kikoko (“Company,” “our,” “we”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you use our website (the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Users Under the Age of 18
The Website is not intended for users under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect information of any sort, including personal information, from users under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a user under 18, we will delete that information immediately.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website when you provide it to us or automatically as you navigate through the Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number if you sign up to be a member of the collective, and also credit card and billing information if you use the Website to obtain medical cannabis (“personal information”);
- that you voluntarily enter, such as in comment or feedback sections, that may include personal information;
- about your medical history as it relates to physicians’ recommendations or approvals for medical cannabis use, including your medical cannabis identification card; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and usage details.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website (“User Contributions”), such as comments about products that are posted on the Website. Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
We do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your membership in the collective.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Our general policy is to not disclose the name or identity of any collective members. However, we may need to disclose personal information that we collect or you provide in order to provide our services to you, such as:
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, and management companies, which includes their employees and service providers, who are assisting the collective to provide services to you.
- To the physician whose contact information you supply to us to confirm medical information and recommendations.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties the collective uses to provide its services to you.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kikoko, our members, or others.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. For example, access by a user to his or her personal information is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by the user. This information is encrypted through the Website with Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) and is also encrypted when it is stored by us to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information. Also, we perform regular malware scanning of the Website and all servers and computers used by us to support the Website. All Company employees are required to adhere to our security and confidentiality procedures and undergo training related to maintaining the security of user personal information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Third Party Links