Kikoko is growing and we’re looking for fabulous people!
We are a women-owned, cannabis-infused wellness products company based in the East Bay in the San Francisco Bay Area, Northern California. Our company is expanding at a rapid pace. We are four-and-a-half years old and so far, we’ve garnered major press and market share. We’re building a conscious company that encourages inclusivity, diversity and kindness. We are now looking for the right individuals to join our team. Here’s what we’ve got available right now.
JOB TITLE: Full-Time Marketing Manager (Remote)
COMPANY: KIKOKO, a cannabis wellness company
LOCATION: Company located in the San Francisco Bay Area, but marketing hire can work remotely
Kikoko is a women-founded, women-run business located in the Bay Area of Northern California. We are a cannabis wellness company, creating cannabis-infused organic herbal teas, tinctures, mints and infused honeys, designed to help people live in better health and with more joy.
As the Marketing Manager, you will be running the Marketing Department and supporting marketing efforts across our retail (dispensaries) and direct-to-consumer (DTC) channels to build brand awareness, delight our customers, develop loyal brand advocates and drive revenue. This is an opportunity to work closely with our top leadership, make a tangible impact on this organization, and — most importantly — support products that truly improve lives. This is a role for a person with 10+ years of experience. There is room for growth and up-leveling.
The Marketing Manager has a highly cross-functional role, reporting to our co-CEO and working closely with our Design, Sales, Web, Innovation, Ops/Production and Finance teams. You will develop a strong understanding of our core customer — including their needs, values, motivations, apprehensions, and path to purchase — and you will act as the customer advocate as our team builds strategies. You will coordinate marketing efforts across channels to ensure cohesive messaging and execution. You will play an important role in developing and allocating our marketing budget as you identify external marketing partners and manage their work. You will work closely with the creative and sales teams to help develop ad campaigns, events (post-Covid, of course), and product launches.
THIS ROLE IS FOR YOU IF: you love wearing many hats, you are creative, you work well in developing processes in constrained legal environments, you want to be a part of a fast-growing company pioneering a nascent industry, you have a strategic mindset but aren’t afraid of getting your hands dirty, you believe in the power of cannabis to change lives, you are passionate about interpreting analytics and data to market in a more targeted way.
THIS ROLE IS NOT FOR YOU IF: you need direction often, you get overwhelmed working on multiple projects at once, or you frequently say or think, “That’s not my job.”
- Ensure that the brand is properly represented on all online channels; identify new channels to increase awareness and drive revenue
- Develop top-of-funnel growth strategy to drive site traffic and grow our pool of potential customers, driving awareness through SEO, content strategy and PR
- Collaborate with design and web teams to optimize site for conversion and continue to refine cross-sell/up-sell and path-to-purchase initiatives
- Collaborate with Chief Design Officer on email marketing strategy and content
- Analyze sales and marketing data to develop an understanding of the customer, identify funnel gaps and optimize our strategies
- Develop promotional strategy and coordinate across teams to ensure smooth execution of promos
- Work side-by-side with sales to identify and manage marketing opportunities with our dispensaries
- Identify, evaluate, and manage relationships with external marketing partners (social media, online advertising, cannabis-specific platforms and partners etc.)
- Support innovation and sales team with consumer research, market research, and go-to-market strategy
- Monitor the competitive landscape for new opportunities and threats to continually refine our positioning
- Assist with our events strategy and execution
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have 10+ years of experience in Marketing
- You’re excited to tackle new challenges and develop processes in a new, evolving industry that keeps you on your toes
- You are scrappy, nimble, and able to think out of the box: you’re able to think creatively within budget and bravely within regulatory constraints
- Strong communicator: you’re skilled at adapting to different communication styles and working across teams
- Strong analytic ability: you are comfortable in Excel and Google Analytics and leverage data as a key part of the decision-making process
- Copywriting: you have strong grammar and can write/edit compelling marketing materials including intriguing subject lines and CTAs that convert
- Digital marketing: you have experience with (or a strong understanding of) organic digital strategy, including email marketing, SEO/SEM, social media and content. Experience with performance marketing preferred
- Highly organized, able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and people
- Ability to develop omnichannel strategies, with a strong understanding of which tactics drive results in each channel (retail understanding)
- Cannabis industry experience a bonus, but not required
- You love problem-solving
- You are able to remain calm under pressure and act with grace at all times (i.e. our Rule Number 1 is: No Assholes)
- Can work remotely, (must have quiet office setup with reliable internet)
- Salary and stock commensurate with experience
- Click on the Submit an Application button and include “Marketing Manager” in the list of jobs for which you are applying.
- Be prepared to attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
- Describe any related job experience, financial expectations, and why you are a fabulous fit for this job.
Thank you for your interest in Kikoko Careers. We are not looking for new team members at the moment.