Kikoko is growing and we’re looking for fabulous people!
We are a women-owned, cannabis-infused wellness products company based in the East Bay in the San Francisco Bay Area, Northern California. Our company is expanding at a rapid pace. We are four-and-a-half years old and so far, we’ve garnered major press and market share. We’re building a conscious company that encourages inclusivity, diversity and kindness. We are now looking for the right individuals to join our team. Here’s what we’ve got available right now.
JOB TITLE: VP Finance
COMPANY: Kikoko – Emeryville, CA
REPORTS TO: Co-CEO’s/Co-Founders
DATE: To be filled immediately
The VP Finance is responsible for all accounting and finance activities and managing related staff. This is a highly visible senior leadership position that requires the individual to provide strategic insights to the Co-CEO’s/Co-Founders and other members of the management team. This position requires an experienced, hands-on leader to build out and improve the accounting and finance functions as well as maintain confidential financial information for the various related companies.
- Serve as a member of the senior management team. Develop and contribute directly to business strategies and initiatives.
- Examine the major business opportunities available to the companies to determine future growth potential, both through strategic alliances, expansion into new geographies, product introductions and key hires.
- Implement an upgraded accounting structure within the companies to ensure reporting consistency and efficiency.
- Make independent economic analyses of business opportunities; and evaluate the financial impact of related actions being considered by the companies.
- Oversight of month-end and year-end closings, general ledger accounting, journal entries, accruals, and reconciliations.
- Collaborate with operations team to identify opportunities for cost reductions that improve gross margins.
- Review and approve monthly and year-end financial statements and associated reports. Prepare financial and variance analysis and investor reporting packages.
- Ongoing management of cost accounting and inventory processes and accuracy of information.
- Serve as primary interface with outside CPA firm on accounting and tax matters.
- Oversight of weekly cash forecasting, management of all cash flow.
- Maintenance of banking relationships.
- Manage all property, casualty and corporate insurance programs.
- Assist with human resource functions including recruiting, training, compensation, benefits and reviews.
- Administer health insurance programs including COBRA.
- Administer annual employee benefit review process with insurance brokers, and open enrollment for employees for medical/dental/vision/long term disability insurance programs.
- Assistance with fund raising, investor relations and due diligence support.
- Maintenance of financial modeling, reforecasting and scenario modeling.
- Oversight of all financial analysis and special projects.
- Be a role model for the culture, vision and mission of the companies.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, MBA preferred
Skills/Abilities: 3-4 years of equivalent experience. Must have a commitment to excellence, high standards and confidentiality. Must work independently and as a member within various teams/committees, possess strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills and manage priorities and workflow. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
COMPENSATION: TBD depending on level of skills and experience. Eligible for bonus and stock options.
- Click on the Submit an Application button and include “VP Finance” in the list of jobs for which you are applying.
- Be prepared to attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
- Describe any related job experience, financial expectations, and why you are a fabulous fit for this job.
Thank you for your interest in Kikoko Careers. We are not looking for new team members at the moment.