Cannabis & Anxiety
Relieving anxiety is the number two reason people report using cannabis. Anxiety costs the U.S. more than $42 billion a year, according to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America. It is the most common mental health illness in the country, affecting 40 million people. Cannabis, particularly high doses of CBD and low doses of THC, is clinically proven to help alleviate anxiety. Here are some studies that shed more light on the issue.
- Cannabidiol as a Potential Treatment for Anxiety Disorders
- Amygdala FAAH and anandamide : mediating protection and recovery from stress
- CBD’s interaction with FAAH
- Neurobiological Interactions Between Stress and the Endocannabinoid System.
- CBD’s effect on GABAa receptors
- Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an anxiolytic drug